KS5 Post 18 Pathways
We believe that the education of our students is essential in providing them with a foundation from which they can move forward and achieve their dreams. We aim to equip students with an education that will engage and inspire them to move into a world beyond 6th form. Knowledge, understanding, skills and qualities they acquire will lead to success and opportunities in the future.
Whether it be university, college, work or an apprenticeship, our students are fully supported and guided with their applications. 1:2:1 careers advice is available to all students simply contact Mrs Heath via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 883333 or call into the office within the OHA6 6th Form Room.
- Year 12 and 13 Progression into Employment or Higher and Further Education: Overview of CEIAG for KS5 students.Key Stage 5 CEIAG
- National Careers Service: (https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx) The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance across England to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- NEC Skills Show: (http://www.worldskillsuk.org/the-skills-show/book-the-skills-show) Are you finding it difficult to decide what career path to take? With limited work experience, knowing what job you’ll like and how to create a successful career can be hard to predict. The Skills Show can help. And it’s free!
- Apprenticeships: (https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide) The apprenticeship service offers you to combine practical training in a job with study. You are able to search and apply for apprenticeships within your area.
UCAS 2017 Applicants:
- UCAS Track: (https://www.ucas.com/) Buzz Word to link your application to Ormiston Horizon Academy is: ormiston2018
- University Application Timeline 2016-17:Deadlines to be adhered to for completing university applications and the process afterwards.University Application Timeline 2016-17
- Personal Statement Template:OHA Personal Statement Template
- Personal Statement Structure Tips Simplified: Personal Statment Tips Simplified
- Student Finance: (https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance) This is where you apply for student finance.
- Foundation Degrees: (http://fd.ucas.com/FoundationDegree/About.aspx) The UCAS link offers everything you’ll need to know about a foundation degree. You can search the course or courses you are interested in studying and will identify the universities offering the course or courses.
- How to choose between similar courses and Uni’s: (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/choosing-course/how-choose-between-similar-courses-and-unis ) There are hundreds of courses out there. Use this link to help you narrow your search!
- Find Open Days: (https://www.ucas.com/events/exploring-university/find-open-day) Using this link, you can search for dates for University open days.
- Russell Group Universities: (http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/our-universities/) Russell Group universities play an important part in the intellectual life of the UK and have huge social, economic and cultural impacts locally, across the UK and around the globe. Between them they produce more than two-thirds of the world-leading research produced in UK universities, support over 300,000 jobs across the country and have a total economic output of more than £32 billion every year. Last year, more than 395,000 undergraduates and over 184,000 postgraduates were studying at a Russell Group university.
- The Student Experience at Russell Group Universities:Student Experience at Russell Group universities
- Course Searching & Open Days Assembly June 2016: Course searching and open days. This assembly was intended to inform students of the process of making an informed decision, searching for courses, which universities offered those courses and how to apply.