KS5 Post 16 Pathways
KS5 Post 16 Pathways
We believe that the education of our students is essential in providing them with a foundation from which they can move forward and achieve their dreams. Knowledge, understanding, skills and qualities they acquire will lead to success and opportunities in the future.
Whether it be 6th form, college, traineeship or an apprenticeship, our students are fully supported and guided with their applications. 1:2:1 careers advice is available to all students simply contact Mrs Heath via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01782 883333 or call into the office within the OHA6 6th Form Room.
- YEAR 9, 10 & 11 Careers Education, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) Overview of CEIAG for KS4 students.CEIAG – For Parents 2016-17 KS4
- START: (https://app.startprofile.com/) START is designed for students to explore job sectors, skills, qualities, interests & work preferences to establish a job that suits them.
- UCAS Progress: (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/after-gcses ) UCAS Progress is an admissions service for students looking for post-16 study and training. UCAS Progress allows you to search education courses and providers in your area. This includes everything from colleges and sixth forms to apprenticeships and traineeships. Ormiston Horizon Academy students will use this website to apply for courses.
- Personal Statement Template:OHA Personal Statement Template
- Personal Statement Structure Tips Simplified:Personal Statement Tips Simplified
- UCAS Progress Intro & User Guide: Progress intro and user guide. Introduction for parents and a user guide to help you navigate around.
- National Careers Service: (https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx) The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance across England to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
- NEC Skills Show: (http://www.worldskillsuk.org/the-skills-show/book-the-skills-show) Are you finding it difficult to decide what career path to take? With limited work experience, knowing what job you’ll like and how to create a successful career can be hard to predict. The Skills Show can help. And it’s free!
- Apprenticeships: (https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide) The apprenticeship service offers you to combine practical training in a job with study. You are able to search and apply for apprenticeships within your area.